Two-wheeler insurance is an insurance policy taken to cover your bike/scooter for any damages due to events such as road accidents, natural disaster or theft/loss of a two-wheeler vehicle. In case of any damage caused to the vehicle, having this insurance will shield you against any unexpected financial implications. It provides cover to every type of two-wheeled vehicles and covers all uses whether for personal, commercial or mixed purpose.
COVERAGE AND EXCLUSIONS IN TWO WHEELER INSURANCE POLICY COVERAGE
Loss/damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk
Vehicles including cars being used otherwise than in accordance with limitations as to use
Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time, in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
Normal wear and tear and general ageing of the vehicle
Depreciation or any consequential loss
Damage to/by a person driving any vehicles or cars without a valid license
Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor
*Inclusions and Exclusions may vary for different insurance providers
Key Benefits and Features of Two Wheeler Insurance
Buying online two-wheeler insurance policy is a Hassle-free and quick process. Here are some benefits for having two-wheeler insurance.
- Comprehensive and Liability Only Coverage.
- Quick Policy.
- Compulsory Personal Accident Cover.
- Optional Coverage.
- Easy Transfer of No Claim Bonus.
- Quick Registration for Online Purchase.
- Property damage and/or physical injury coverage in surroundings.
Though they are talked about in policy, this is just a handy list for your convenience:
- Claim form appropriately filled (before submitting do a Xerox and keep).
- Photocopy of the vehicle RC along with the original for verification.
- Authentic approximation of loss (make an extra copy and file it).
- Payment receipts and repair bills (always keep a photocopy with you).
In case of stolen vehicle, first of all, file an FIR with your local/nearest police station. Submit the photocopy of the FIR and the documents mentioned above, the vehicle keys and a non-traceable certificate to your insurance company.
- You can always claim the full IDV amount in case your Vehicle is stolen.
- Another good news is that natural calamities and man-made disasters are covered too.
Getting a new insurance policy for your old bike is a child’s play. Things you need are:
- Earlier insurance copy
- Registration certificate
- It is mandatory to do insurance for your bike in India; hence it is suggested to renew before it expires.
- If not done within 90 days, you lose on your No Claim Bonus, leading to a substantial financial loss.
- If not done on time then your bike will go through a new inspection, which may be chargeable.
No bike insurance policy can’t be cancelled until or unless there is a genuine case and is intimated within 1 month from the date of purchase of the policy. Genuine cases can be when you end up buying 2 policies for the same vehicle or your vehicle was commercial and you bought private vehicle policy etc. However, there are no cancellation charges.